We will expect you to demonstrate the following
- That customers are made aware in a suitable format of whom to contact in the event of a complaint, the expected timescales by which a response will be delivered and by whom
- That complaints which raise safeguarding issues are identified as such and investigated by a responsible person
- That details of all complaints are recorded in an appropriate manner together with the relevant response
- That all staff are aware of the complaints process and are proactively encouraged to report such complaints to the appropriate person(s)
- That a suitable and documented process is in place and followed to ensure that the above requirements are met
- That complaints, responses and actions taken are reviewed by senior management or appropriate person at appropriate periods in order to establish the need or otherwise to amend processes and business delivery
- That a suitable and documented process is in place and followed to ensure that the requirement at 6 above is met
Good practice guidance
We would normally expect that complaints arising relating to non-safeguarding issues are responded to within 5 working days, this may be an initial response in which case the customer shall be advised when a full response is to be expected.
Complaints which raise concerns under the broad heading of safeguarding must be responded to in accordance with best practice and legal guidance.
We may offer a mediation service, this is totally at the discretion of the local authority and we will advise you of the details of the service offered