Code of Conduct
‘Increasing consumer confidence by recognising and promoting organisations committed to operating lawfully, safely and fairly’
This Code sets out the general principles of Support With Confidence and forms part of the membership requirements.
Providers undertake to:
- undertake only those activities for which they are qualified, experienced and have appropriate equipment
- comply with the legislation applicable to their activities undertaken
- operate fairly, openly and honestly recognising the rights of consumers
- abide by safeguarding principles
Providers, and particularly those providing personal services, must protect the rights of customers by:
- Treating each person as an individual
- Respecting and promoting the person’s individual views and wishes
- Supporting the person’s right to control their lives and make informed choices about the services they receive
- Respecting and maintaining the dignity and privacy of the person
- Promoting equal opportunities for the person and respecting diversity and different cultures and values
Providers, and particularly those providing personal services, must strive to establish and maintain the trust and confidence of customers by:
- Being honest and trustworthy
- Communicating in an appropriate, open, accurate and straightforward way
- Respecting confidential information
- Being reliable and dependable
- Honouring work commitments, agreements and arrangements to provide services and, where it is not possible to do so, explaining why
The full Terms & Conditions, together with Guidance notes explaining what members need to do to meet the Conditions of Membership, are available on the website www.supportwithconfidence.gov.uk
Information for consumers
All members listed on the Support With Confidence Scheme have been checked by the Council where the operation is based
Operations meeting the Support With Confidence standard display the specific logo.
Members are required to comply with the terms and conditions of membership as set out on the website at all times. The requirements of the Support With Confidence membership include
- Where the operation carries out regulated activity, the person providing the service will have an Enhanced Disclosure Certificate (an enhanced DBS check)
- Having correct safeguarding procedures in place
If you are a budget holder receiving funds from the Council, you may need to ensure that the people you use have Enhanced Disclosure Certificates. We will tell you if this applies.
If you decide to use an operator from the scheme you will be entering into a contract with them and not your Local Authority or Trading Standards South East Ltd.
We will make reasonable efforts, including monitoring customer comments and carrying out checks and reviews, to check that members comply with the terms of the scheme and treat customers safely and fairly but we cannot guarantee that there will not be occasions when problems may occur, but we will make reasonable efforts to deal with such matters.
In particular we do not:
Guarantee the financial status of any member
Accept any liability for any goods or services provided by any member
Guarantee the quality or condition of any goods or services provided by any member
Guarantee that the price of goods and services supplied is competitive relative to any other operator or supplier