GDPR Information and Update

Support With Confidence Forums Support With Confidence Forum GDPR Information and Update

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Forum Admin 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

This topic will house all the information being sent through in relation to GDPR – if anyone would like to add to or comment on the thread with any attachments, please do.

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

GDPR Information Sheet & Data Protection Consent Form from Heather Hunter SWC Bracknell

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

Lyndsey Potts, Project Co-Ordinator for East Sussex SWC have sent out the following GDPR information to all our applicants and members yesterday. The email details how we will use their personal data, as well as what they need to consider for the personal data they have about their clients.

– Added as word document so the table setting are not disrupted.

Attachments:

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

GDPR – OACP template email from Eddy McDowall, Chief Executive Oxfordshire SWC

Support with Confidence – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

YOUR ACTION: Please reply using the following statement giving consent to OACP holding your personal details.
    I agree to OACP holding my personal data for use in processing, managing and promoting my Support with Confidence profile.

Further to my message to you on 16 April, I am writing to you to update you on our action relating to GDPR.
    As you have not yet responded giving us express permission for us to hold your details, under GDPR we will delete your data from our records on 25 May 2018 and you will lose your approved status unless you respond by 24 May.

On 25 May 2018, a new regulation cones into force to regulate the storage and use of identifiable personal data.
    The General Data Protection Regulation updates and strengthens our current Data Protection Act to take account of new technology and the ability for organisations to hold large amounts of data.
    As you are a registered and approved personal assistant under the Support with Confidence Scheme, we hold personal data about you.
    This may include data for your original registration, data to process a DBS check, if updated through us, and other information you have shared with us relating to updating of training [a full list is attached].
    We aim to hold the minimum data necessary to enable us to manage the register and keep your records up to date. We keep your initial application for the recommended time of 6 years after which it is/ will be deleted.
    We hold your personal data on a secure drive and your public profile [if we have one] on our public web-site.
    With your permission, we share your public profile, but we do not share any other personal data with a third party.
    To allow us to continue to do this, the General Data Protection Regulation means we require your express consent. We are unable to assume that you have given us permission.

You may request the information that we hold on you at any time. We will respond within the timescale as specified by the Data Protection Bill [HL] 2017-19 when it becomes law.

Eddy McDowall
    Chief Executive

Talking Care Magazine: http://www.talkingcare.online
    Bringing social care together across Oxfordshire

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.